A practical guideline for Vocational Education and Training (VET) school teacher to initiate inclusive VET in Kyrgyzstan.
The main objective of this manual is to build capacities to Vocational Education and Training (VET) school teachers and social workers to facilitate inclusive VET. It targets actors working in the disability, education or VET arena to improve their knowledge on disability and inclusive education, so they can advocate for and technically support inclusive VET and general education.
More specifically, the manual will enable stakeholders to:
- Identity people who are excluded from VET ,
- Identify capacities and specific needs of persons with disabilities,
- Share common understanding on Inclusive VET
- Provide basic support to persons with disabilities with appropriate teaching methods
- Facilitate physical accessibility at school,
- Minimize barriers to promote inclusive education
- Planning and setting-up inclusive VET supported by social workers
The manual is designed to be utilized by VET school teachers, Social Workers, Inclusive Educator and Development workers.