This digital learning platform was established for the purpose of remote humanitarian response for hard to reach areas. HelpAge International is utilizing expertise to train international and national organizations, government agencies, and the private sector on Age Inclusive Interventions.
These series of trainings on 'Helping Older People in Emergencies (HOPE)' is designed to strengthen the capacity of humanitarian actors to ensure that their humanitarian action is evidence-based and responds to the distinct needs and priorities of crisis-affected to older men, women, and other vulnerable groups.
Modules available are:
1. Age & its interaction with vulnerabilities in humanitarian crises
2. Inclusion of older people in emergency needs assessments & SADDD
3. Health, home-based & community-based care in humanitarian crises
4. Protection of older people in humanitarian crises
5. Food security & livelihoods interventions for older people in humanitarian crises