NGOs like Humanity & Inclusion and Leonard Cheshire partner with the private sector to provide advice on employment practices to successfully transform the workplace and workforce to be disability inclusive. They support businesses in a number of ways including:
- Provide a tailored approach, starting with an assessment
- Support inclusive recruitment processes
- Provide skills development for candidates
- Provide assessment and referral to support services
- Advise on constructing an accessible work environment
- Provide mentoring support
Case studies include HI's inclusive employment work in Morocco, Leonard Cheshire working in partnership with Accenture in South Asia, East Asia, and South Africa, with Henkel in the Philippines, with AnonTex in Bangladesh and with SUN ITES Consulting Private Ltd, Bangalore.
Top tips for global disability-inclusive employment are discussed.