This Compendium documents the broad range of UNICEF’s social protection interventions in MENA from 2014-2017.
The Compendium includes 20 case studies detailing UNICEF’s contributions in the MENA region across the following five Action Areas
- Evidence and Advocacy (Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Yemen, Morocco)
- Policies, coordinating and financing (Djibouti, Morocco)
- Cash transfer programming and systems strengthening (Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia)
- Cash plus interventions and social work (Iraq, State of Palestine (highlights children with disabilities), Yemen)
- Social protection in fragile and humanitarian contexts/settings (Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria). The Syrian programme was "Reaching children with complex disabilities through cash transfers and case management"