This drawing illustrates an inclusive (modern and well equipped) classroom environment. Here are some of the recommendations illustrated:
• Group seating arrangement to promote group working, peer to peer support and buddy systems.
• Use visual supports eg, timetable in pictures.
• Accessible and child friend classroom: ramps, low reach blackboards, large window to let in light, easy maneuverability, accessible teaching and learning materials.
• Interactive teaching methods, supported by a specialist itinerant teacher (eg sign language or braille experts).
• Resource room for small group teaching.