In Indonesia, the Advocacy for Change project aimed to increase the effective participation of people with disabilities in inclusive development efforts at the local level, and promote their participation in development at the national level. Specifically, the Advocacy for Change project sought to improve and monitor the people with disabilities' access to local government processes and existing social services.
Six case studies are presented:
- Community Based Forum as Community Public Space (The culture is the key)
- Building the Foundation of Inclusion with Sendangadi Village Government
- WKCP (Cerebral Palsy Family Association) Health Initiative for Health Budgeting Advocacy
- Citizen Based Forum as a Common Space to Encourage the Government to Build a Disability-Friendly Village in Mata Air Village, Kupang Tengah Sub- district, Kupang District
- Inclusion of Disabled Persons in Noelbaki Village Women's Forum
- The role of disabled people organization in participation of development with Bappeda Kupang Municipality