This Gender Assessment Tool has been developed by ADD, based on existing good practice in the development sector, to support capacity building with DPOs in the following ways:
- To support discussion/ awareness raising of gender issues and practical action which can be taken to promote gender inclusion
- To analyse gender inclusion issues and practice within the organisation in a systematic way
- To identify specific areas for improvement on gender inclusion
- To identify CB support needed from ADD/other sources to address the issues raised
- To track progress on gender inclusion over time
NB: this tool replaces previous versions and has been updated based on input and discussion at the global MEL meeting in July 2016.
The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the UK government or members of the Inclusion Works consortium.