12 p ill.
The importance of addressing both safety and accessibility for inclusive urban mobility is discussed.
Case studies provided are:
- Accessible public transport for employment, Senegal
- Training and ICT solutions, Kenya
- Tuk Tuk drivers certified on accessibility, Laos
- Designing Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) systems for accessibility, South Africa
- Improving accessibility to transport, Brazil
- Making public transport more inclusive with technology, Singapore
- Taking efforts to be more inclusive, France
- A model city for accessibility, Brazil
- Prioritising accessibility, Czech Republic
- Getting all residents and visitors to engage in all aspects of city life, Luxembourg
- Communications training, Russia
- Metro access audits, India
Recommendations are made to governments concerning strengthening poicy frameworks and removing barriers to accessible mobility