Resources from Inclusive Futures
Source’s summer e-bulletin has 3 brand new resources produced by the Inclusive Futures consortium to share with you. In addition, please join us on the 3rd anniversary of the Global Disability Summit to hear our panel of experts discuss the latest evidence about disability inclusive livelihoods and what works best to support people with disabilities. The event is hosted by Source with partners from the Disability Evidence Portal and International Centre for Evidence in Disability at LSHTM. With contributions from the International Disability Alliance amongst others. The event will take place on the 21-22 July and details to register can be found using this link.
- A report produced by Inclusion International who document the experience of exclusion of people with intellectual disabilities and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) produced in-depth qualitative research to explore how people with disabilities have experienced the evolving COVID-19 pandemic in Kenya.
- Sightsavers have updates to the ‘disability-confident employers' toolkit’ with a checklist that accompanies the Accessibility standards document, a step-by-step guide to undertaking an accessibility audit.
- “This Time of Corona Has Been Hard”: People with Disabilities’ Experiences of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Kenya, Institute of Development Studies (IDS) - June 2021
- A Global Agenda for Inclusive Recovery: Ensuring People with Intellectual Disabilities and Families are Included in a Post-COVID World, Inclusion International - June 2021
- Accessibility audit report, Sightsavers - April 2021
General Resources from Source
A reminder that Source has added an easy to search function for 'open access peer review' journals on Disability and Inclusion. Currently, this includes around 800 different journal articles from multiple different publishers! To try out this function, please click here.
- People with special needs (PWSN) inclusion in settlements in humanitarian action, - February 2021
- Employers' Attitudes and Hiring Intentions towards Persons with Disabilities in Hotels, Disability, CBR & Inclusive Development (DCID) - February 2021
- Disability inclusion in climate change programming in the Middle East, Social Development Direct (SDDirect) - January 2021
- Insisting on inclusion: Institutionalisation and barriers to education for children with disabilities in Kyrgyzstan, Human Rights Watch - December 2020
- Crimes against humanity: Decades of violence and abuse in Mexican institutions for children and adults with disabilities, Disability Rights International (DRI) - October 2020
- BANGLADESH - Rohingya refugee crisis - Cox's Bazar district age and disability inclusion needs assessment, January 2021 , REACH - April 2021
- World Report on Hearing, World Health Organization (WHO) - January 2021