Resources from Inclusive Futures
This is Source's first e-bulletin of 2021, and we have 3 brand new resources produced by the Inclusive Futures consortium to share with you.
Firstly, a report produced by Inclusion International who analyse data from the OECD Development Assistance Committee’s Creditor Reporting System, which reveals that mainstream development projects fail to include people with intellectual disabilities, and in many cases use project methodologies that promote segregation and other human rights violations.
Second and thirdly, we have 2 reports from Development Initiatives who provide an overview of progress towards the creation of accurate and comparable disability statistics and also a report looking at the landscape of data on disability in Uganda.
- Excluded from the Excluded: People with Intellectual Disabilities in (and out of) Official Development Assistance, Inclusion International - November 2020
- Generating disability statistics: Models of disability measurement, history of disability statistics and the Washington Group Questions, Development Initiatives (DI) - September 2020
- Uganda's disability data landscape and the economic inclusion of persons with disabilities, Development Initiatives (DI) - September 2020
General Resources from Source
A reminder that Source has added an easy to search function for 'open access peer review' journals on Disability and Inclusion. Currently, this includes over 700 different journal articles from multiple different publishers! To try out this function, please click here.
- Accessibility GO! A Guide to Action, Delivering on 7 accessibility commitments, World Blind Union - November 2020
- Inclusion Counts: Disability Data Tracker. A data collection and advocacy guideline for Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (Spotlight on work and employment), Leonard Cheshire - October 2020
- Global leaders renew commitments on road safety, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) - September 2020
- Addressing the disability data gap in humanitarian action, Humanitarian Practice Network|Overseas Development Institute (ODI) - October 2020
- Disability inclusion in the United Nations system - Report of the Secretary General, United Nations - October 2020
- Teaching for inclusion – a review of research on the cooperation between regular teachers and special educators in the work with students in need of special support, International Journal of Inclusive Education - November 2020
- Education, girl, disability: an equation to solve. Ensuring the right to education for girls with disabilities in the Sahel, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) - January 2021
- Unheard children. Championing deaf children’s rights to family, community, education and independence in developing countries, Deaf Child Worldwide - November 2020
- The mobile disability gap report 2020, GSMA - December 2020