Resources from Inclusive Futures
This is Source's last e-bulletin of 2020, and we have 3 fantastic new resources produced by the Inclusive Futures consortium to share with you.
Firstly, a new toolkit has been developed that helps global businesses to be more inclusive for people with disabilities in the workplace. This toolkit was initially piloted by corporate giants Unilever, Diageo and Safaricom with the aim to ensure people with disabilities have support and equal opportunities at work. The lessons learned from these companies have helped shape these guidelines to enable CEO’s, HR managers and property developers to foster more inclusive workplaces.
Secondly and thirdly, we have 2 reports which summarise the evidence collected from members and leaders of organisations of Persons with Disabilities in Uganda and also Bangladesh. These reports outline the multiple ways that Covid-19 has impacted the lives of Persons with Disabilities during Covid-19: such as increased risk of violence and a significant loss in household earnings.
- The disability-confident employers' toolkit, Sightsavers - November 2020
- Covid-19 Income loss, risk of violence and the response of persons with disabilities and their representative organisations in Uganda, ADD International - November 2020
- Action on COVID-19 Evidence on the Response of Disabled People’s Organisations during Pandemic, ADD International - October 2020
General Resources from Source
A reminder that Source has added an easy to search function for 'open access peer review' journals on Disability and Inclusion. Currently, this includes over 300 different journal articles from 4 different publishers! To try out this function, please click here.
- "Autism is me": an investigation of how autistic individuals make sense of autism and stigma, Disability & Society - October 2020
- Disability Data advocacy toolkit , Christian Blind Mission (CBM) - October 2020
- Product Narrative: Eyeglasses. A market landscape and strategic approach to increasing access to eyeglasses in Low- and Middle-Income Countries, ATscale Global Partnership for Assistive Technology - July 2020
- Disability inclusion helpdesk, evidence digest, issue 5, COVID-19, Disability Inclusion Helpdesk - October 2020
- Empowering Women with Disabilities : moving from charity to right based model, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) - October 2020
- Inclusion of persons with disabilities in social protection for COVID-19 recovery and beyond, socialprotection.org - September 2020
- Living in Chains - Shackling of people with psychosocial disabilities worldwide, Human Rights Watch - October 2020
- Covid-19: Violence risk and loss of income among persons with disabilities, ADD International - October 2020
- Towards more inclusive practices: A Disability, Gender and Age Intersectional Resource, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) - October 2020