Resources from Inclusive Futures
Two years on from the Global Disability Summit the Inclusive Futures initiative has launched a platform that showcases work being done by 16 global partners across 7 countries to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities across healthcare, education, work and in the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The initiative focuses on trialling approaches to inclusion and generating knowledge. The evidence produced will be hosted here on Source. This evidence aims to encourage innovation, learning and offer fundamental new approaches to inclusive development policy and practices. Below you can find a few of the resources that have been produced;
Situational Analysis for several countries that aim to answer “what is the current situation in relation to formal sector employment for persons with disabilities”?
A Gender Assessment Tool that supports capacity building with Disabled People’s Organisations.
Labour Market Assessments which were commissioned to understand how the labour market functions within the context of disability.
- Inclusion Works Kenya Situational Analysis, Institute of Development Studies (IDS) - June 2020
- Gender Assessment Tool, ADD International - January 2020
- Labour Market Assessment - Inclusion Works Bangladesh, Sightsavers - August 2019
General Resources from Source
- Disability Evidence Portal, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) - January 2020
- Gaps in access and school attainments among people with and without disabilities: a case from Nepal, Taylor & Francis Group - November 2019
- 'What works' to ensure persons with disabilities have access to sexual and reproductive health services, itad - June 2020
- Guidance note #2 Inclusive Governance and the “aftermath” of the Covid-19 pandemic, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) - June 2020
- Guidance for including people with disabilities in responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidance for development partners, Sightsavers - May 2020